Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Letter to my Forty Year Old Self

Dear Allison,
   
Do you remember in high school, when your counselor said that sixteen year old Allison had to think

about what forty year old Allison would want? It seems to me that's a particularly stupid piece of

advise for a teenager. What sixteen year old thinks that far ahead? Do you think about us at sixteen?

Would she be happy with where you are not?

     I have so many questions for you, questions more than anything. Are you happy? Or have you

only settled? Please don't tell me you settled. Content is not the same as happy. I'm scared that one

day I'll wake up from content and wonder what the hell happened.

     So, my hopes for you. I hope that you are in an amazing, beautiful, romantic relationship. I hope

you are surrounded by family, and dogs, of course! I hope that you travel, and often. I hope you are

happy and that you are at peace.
                             
                                                  Love,
 
                                                   your Twenty Nine Year Old Self

No comments:

Post a Comment